Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 16:29 +0200, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> > ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS DROP (parent);
> > ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS ADD (parent);
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to allow the ADD/DROP to happen in the same
> statement, like:
>
> ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS DROP crt_parent ADD new_parent;
>
> or:
>
> ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS DROP crt_parent, ALTER INHERITS ADD
> new_parent;
>
> That would still make it one statement, but more explicit. And it would
> eliminate the need for parenthesis (I assume they were needed for
> supplying more than 1 table to inherit/disinherit).

Sounds good.

Do we need the ALTER keyword? That isn't used anywhere apart from
manipulating columns. i.e.

ALTER TABLE childN INHERITS DROP old_parent;
ALTER TABLE childN INHERITS ADD new_parent;

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client