"gmake check" fails with 8.1.1

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема "gmake check" fails with 8.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I don't know what to make of this.

I installed the rpms for 8.1.1 on a RH 4 es system
and did initdb with LC_TYPE=C and LC_COLLATE=C (and
I also tried without changing these locale variables):

cd /usr/lib/pgsql/test
gmake check

gets:

rm -rf ./testtablespace
mkdir ./testtablespace
/bin/sh ./pg_regress --schedule=./parallel_schedule
--multibyte=SQL_ASCII
(using postmaster on Unix socket, default port)
<snip>
      triggers             ... FAILED
<snip>
      transactions         ... FAILED
<snip>
      plpgsql              ... FAILED
      copy2                ... FAILED
<snip>
      rangefuncs           ... FAILED
<snip>

=======================
  5 of 98 tests failed.
=======================

So, then I connect to the template1 db and:
template1=# select * from pg_language;
  lanname  | lanispl | lanpltrusted | lanplcallfoid | lanvalidator |
lanacl
----------+---------+--------------+---------------+--------------+--------
  internal | f       | f            |             0 |         2246 |
  c        | f       | f            |             0 |         2247 |
  sql      | f       | t            |             0 |         2248 |
(3 rows)

So then:

# su postgres -c 'createlang plpgsql template1'
# su postgres -c 'createlang -l template1'
Procedural Languages
   Name   | Trusted?
---------+----------
  plpgsql | yes

And back in psql:
select * from pg_language;
  lanname  | lanispl | lanpltrusted | lanplcallfoid | lanvalidator |
lanacl
----------+---------+--------------+---------------+--------------+--------
  internal | f       | f            |             0 |         2246 |
  c        | f       | f            |             0 |         2247 |
  sql      | f       | t            |             0 |         2248 |
  plpgsql  | t       | t            |         38295 |        38296 |
(4 rows)

Restart the server:
# /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]

And the problem persists.  However, I can make a plpgsql function just
fine and call it without errors in a test database.  (Rebuilding
my own rpms from the srpm does not help either.)

What's the problem here and do I need to worry about it?

Thanks.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein

Сообщение: Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
Сообщение: Re: is this a bug or I am blind?