Re: What about utility to calculate planner cost constants?

От Thomas F.O'Connell
Тема Re: What about utility to calculate planner cost constants?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
If by not practical you mean, "no one has implemented a multivariable
testing approach," I'll agree with you. But multivariable testing is
definitely a valid statistical approach to solving just such problems.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

On Mar 21, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> That's not really practical.   There are currently 5 major query tuning
> parameters, not counting the memory adjustments which really can't be
> left
> out.  You can't realistically test all combinations of 6 variables.

Сообщение: Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?
Сообщение: Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?