Re: Recursive queries

От tmp
Тема Re: Recursive queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> What do you mean by resursive queries? A query can have a subquery
> which calls a function which executes another query. That counts as
> recursion in my book. What type of recursion are you thinking of?

No, recursion is a pretty well defined term. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursion

SQL:2003 defines a language construct for recursive queries (T131 and
T132). What I ment with the question was: Will postgresql soon support a
similar (or the same) construct?

I know that some Andrew was assigned the task for a year ago, but
apparently he has been unsubscribed again. :-(