Re: Where is the log file

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Where is the log file
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 20:08, Keith Worthington wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When using pgadmin I recieved an error that suggest I check the postmaster log
> for more information.  This I would happily do if I could find it.

It's where you put it :-(

Logging is configured in postgresql.conf.  It could be going to syslog
or to standard output or both.

Logging to standard output goes wherever it is directed on postmaster
startup (through pg_ctl or direclty).

     "Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,
      who does not look to the proud, to those who turn
      aside to false gods."            Psalms 40:4