Re: Issues regarding code license of ported code.

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Issues regarding code license of ported code.
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'd also like to understand the use of the LPGL license on a postgresql
interface?

I'd go further than saying businesses are ambivalent about GPL, and or
LPGL; in my experience business's prefer the freebsd license.

Dave
On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 18:08, John R Pierce wrote:
> > Keep saying Npgsql is licensed as LGPL as the new ported code will be
> > licensed under LGPL.
>
> the PostgreSQL project uses the BSD license.  Why is Npgsql using LGPL ?
>
> .NET likely appeals primarily to business developers... Many businesses are
> ambivalent about GPL.

Dave Cramer
519 939 0336
ICQ # 14675561