Re: Formatting Function..

От Franco Bruno Borghesi
Тема Re: Formatting Function..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
you should try with rpad and lpad functions:

select rpad('hello world', 20, '*');  --->  hello world*********
select lpad('hello world', 20, '*');  ---> *********hello world

hope this is what you were looking for.

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 02:19, Vinay Jain wrote:
Hi..
I am newbe in postgresql so please help me though the question may be
very easy to answer..
Is there any formatting function to get output with fix lengths..for
example my query is..
schema is:

Student
(name Varchar,
age integer);

select name, age from student;
the output is like this..
Name                                      | Age
xyz                                          | 22

I want this length of name to be of my choice...is it possible..& how..

thanks in advance
Regards
Vinay
Вложения