Re: [NOVICE] Regression test : pg_conversion validation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Regression test : pg_conversion validation
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
neha khatri <nehakhatri5@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:57 PM, Carol Walter <carol.walter@sbcglobal.net>
>  wrote:
>> I'm not sure why this would be a problem. Postgres isn't going to run on
>> the EBCDIC machine so the data will just have to be run through a code
>> inverter going back an forth.
>> There are many of them available for this kind of application.

> It is not a problem as such. Just that this kind of conversion in Postgres
> might simplify the data transfer.

It just doesn't come up often enough to justify our investing the work to
create and maintain such a facility within Postgres.  I just did a quick
search of the PG list archives, and cannot find another request for this
feature within the last ten years.  (In the same interval I find just one
request to support EBCDIC as a native encoding, which is even less likely
to happen.)  So basically there's no interest in this problem among our
user community, and we have lots of higher-priority things to do.

Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] Regression test : pg_conversion validation
Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] Regression test : pg_conversion validation