Re: Odd warning from pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Odd warning from pg_dump
Дата
Re: Odd warning from pg_dump  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think the real question is if "-n '*'" should still exclude
> 'pg_catalog'.  Fixing the issue with defined pseudo types is wonderful,
> but aren't you going to end up with a dump you can't restore,
> regardless?

Yeah, perhaps so.  The thread on -general has also produced the
information that pg_dump -t '*' tries to dump system catalogs as if
they were user tables, which is another pretty useless bit of behavior.
So maybe we should drop the hunk you've got there (which frankly seems a
bit of a kluge) and instead hot-wire things so that stuff in pg_catalog
is excluded even if it would otherwise match the inclusion lists.