Re: pg_clog not getting cleared

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_clog not getting cleared
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Whitney <scott@journyx.com> writes:
> I understand the purpose of the clogs, but I would think that the transactions would have been frozen on all dbs
(I'vegot about 300 in my cluster) by now. My logs go back to July 13th which, I think, is when the server was last
restarted.

It doesn't really try to remove clog entries that are younger than
vacuum_freeze_table_age (see also vacuum_freeze_min_age).  At two bits
per transaction, the general feeling is that eating the disk space is
better than forcing full-database vacuums more often.  But if you're
hot to have the space released sooner, those are the knobs to frob.

От: Scott Whitney
Сообщение: Re: pg_clog not getting cleared
От: Josh
Сообщение: Securing a remotely accessible PostgreSQL server