Re: How to opimize the insertion of data

От Alberto Caso
Тема Re: How to opimize the insertion of data
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 09-09-2003 at 23:05, Juan Francisco Diaz wrote:
> Hi,  have tried by all means to optimize the insertion of data in my db but
> it has been impossible.
> Righto now to insert around 300 thou records it takes soemthing like 50 to
> 65 minutes (too  long).

    Try enclosing your inserts into transactions of several thousands of
inserts, i.e:

    begin;
    (several thousands of inserts)
    commit;

    You may also want to have a look at the COPY command:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-copy.html

    Have also a look at:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/populate.html

    Best regards,