Connection.setCatalog method

От Philip A. Chapman
Тема Connection.setCatalog method
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Everyone,

I am working on yet another database administration application.  I have
run into some issues because the JDBC implementation of
Connection.setCatalog()
(org.postgresq.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.java) does nothing when
setCatalog() is called.  My understanding is that doing nothing is
allowed by the JDBC specification, but this is somewhat confusing as
getCatalog() returns a value and DatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs() returns
a list of values.

While searching though this list's archives, I found a thread from July
of 2001 that deals with this subject.  Toward the end of the thread, it
appears as though it was decided that the setCatalog() functionallity
should be implemented and that a patch was to be accepted to make this
happen:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2001-07/msg00150.php

What has become of this?  Can someone shed some light on why
Connection.getCatalog and DatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs() work, but
Connection.setCatalog does not?
--
Philip A. Chapman

Application Development:
Java, Visual Basic (MCP), PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP

Вложения