explain triggers

От Ryan Mahoney
Тема explain triggers
Список pgsql-general
Is there a simple way or ready built script to view the EXPLAIN output
of a query *and* the EXPLAIN output of the triggers that will be
executed due to the initial statement?

I have a few comlpex database schemas and I apply referential integrity
constraints throughout.  Some delete statements have become
excruciatingly slow - I suspect this is due to some of the queries being
executed by triggers created by my referential integrity constraints
that currently use sequential scans where an index scan would be more
appropriate.  If I could see the explain output of all of this is would
save a lot of time narrowing things down.

If no one knows how to do this / or it hasn't been done yet, maybe I'll
hack this together.

Thanks!

-r

--