Re: Typo

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Typo
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> On Wed, 2023-05-24 at 07:32 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> This is the current sentence, and it sounds kind of OK to me, FWIW:
>> "Postgres95 code was completely ANSI C and trimmed in size by 25%.

> That uses "ANSI C" as an adjective, which I think is sloppy wording
> (even though English is somewhat relaxed about the distinction between
> classes of words).

Yeah, it's not great English, but it's not awful English either;
just a rather telegraphic (abbreviated) style.

Here's the thing: at this point, this documentation is itself a
historical artifact.  git excavation dates the current wording to
8baa8fcf4 of 1999-06-21, and that was just a small adjustment of
c8cfb0cea of 1998-03-01, and it seems likely that that was pulled
verbatim from some older source.

So I'm disinclined to change it on grounds of "I think the grammar
is a bit shaky".  It is what it is.