Re: PL/PGSQL

От Mauri Sahlberg
Тема Re: PL/PGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hello,

On to, 2003-02-27 at 20:29, Markus Post wrote:
>     Hello together!
>
> I have a little question, because I found the answer nowhere in the Net.
> How I can call a stored pl/pgsql-function from my SQL-Client.
> In an SQL-statement I call it like "select MYFUNCTION(blah, blah) from
> ...".
> I need it without the SQL-Statement.
>
> In Oracle I would be:
> BEGIN
>    MYFUNCTION(...);
> END;

You're probably looking from the wrong place. At least the answer can be
found from
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=plpgsql-statements.html

On that page, heading 19.5.3 states that you can do:

    PERFORM MYFUNCTION(...);

if you wish to discard the return value.
Or if your function returns something then you do:

    myresult:=MYFUNCTION(...);

Regards,
--
Development Manager, B.SC    | This message is probably digitally
Pretax Systems Oy            | signed as well. Contact me to obtain my

Вложения