Re: Planning a change of representation in the planner

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Planning a change of representation in the planner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane kirjutas R, 07.02.2003 kell 06:35:
> I've been thinking of doing this for a while just on efficiency grounds,
> but kept putting it off because I don't expect much of any performance
> gain on simple queries.  (You need a dozen or so tables in a query
> before the inefficiencies of the list representation really start to
> hurt.)  But tonight I'm thinking I'll do it anyway, because it'll also
> be impervious to duplicate-element bugs.
>
> Comments?

Maybe the quicker way to avoid duplicate-element bugs (and get faster
merges) is to keep the lists ordered, so instead of just appending the
there already).

Ordered lists are also much faster ( just O(N) )  to
compare/union/intersect.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>