Re: Link to a file stored in a database (PostgreSQL)

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: Link to a file stored in a database (PostgreSQL)
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 22:30, re ert wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I want store files in PostgreSQL and retrieve it
> without put files in a temp directory.
>
> For example, PHP can create image files with:
>
> header("Content-type: image/gif");
>
> and call this file image.php ... each time somebody
> calls this file, PHP must create the image.
>
> I need do the same but with a file stored in a
> database.
> For example, I want store a PDF file in a database and
> could get it with a link.

I have tried to do this with mixed success, storing the binary files as
a 'large object' within PostgreSQL.

The basic function, as you surmise, is to send the appropriate headers,
get the data out of the database and pump it out to the user.  Here's a
fragment from my server:

  Header("Content-type: $content_type");
  error_log("LO ID is >>$loid<<", 0);
  $rid = pg_exec( $img_db, "BEGIN;" );
  $fd = pg_loopen( $img_db, intval($loid), "r" );
  $fstats = fstat($fd);
  error_log("Img bytes should be: " . $fstats[7], 0);
  Header("Content-length: $fstats[7]");
  pg_loreadall( $fd );
  pg_loclose($fd);
  $rid = pg_exec( $img_db, "COMMIT;");

The biggest gotcha seemed to be that all LO access needs to occur within
a transaction.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: