Re: Lexicographic index ?

От arnaud.mlist1@free.fr
Тема Re: Lexicographic index ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > select * from twords where words||'%' like 'saxophones';
> >
> > works but uses a sequential scan on the table...
> >

> try http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/fulltextindexing.php

Hmmm... I don't think this has any chance to work : what I need is that a part
of the work I search (beginning from its start) can be found in the table (such
as 'saxophones' would match 'saxophone' or 'sax' in the table, but
not 'saxophonesandsomethingbehind', and not that the word can be found in a
bigger word in the table (it's already easy to find 'saxophones'
from 'saxophone' using like and 'saxophone%' : it uses my index correctly.

Or didn't I understand something ?
Arnaud