Re: BUG #16068: Collate of 'Norwegian Bokmål' is problematic

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16068: Collate of 'Norwegian Bokmål' is problematic
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I want to point to an issue I discovered when installing v12.0 for windows.

Um, Windows-what exactly?

> The installer sets the Collate in the config file to 'Norwegian Bokmål.1251'
> (or something similar, but notice the 'å')  This seems to trigger all kind
> of bugs.

That collation name has given us trouble before, cf

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=db29620d4

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=aa1d2fc5e

I wonder whether Microsoft changed it again :-(