Re: DBBalancer (was: apache-php-postgresql connection

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: DBBalancer (was: apache-php-postgresql connection
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 05:55, Frank Joerdens wrote:
> Yet again, on another note: Has anyone tried DBBalancer from
>
> http://dbbalancer.sourceforge.net/
>
> - which is yet another approach to the problem of connection pooling?
> I've been meaning to play with it for some time, but haven't gotten
> 'round to it.
>
> I keep thinking about ways around PHP persistent connections because
> IMHO it's a pretty awkward solution.

I use it on several production databases, and I have packaged it for
Debian.  I intend to upload the package into the Debian distribution
this month.

In my environment it gives around the same performance improvement as
persistent connections (5-10 times query performance for small queries)
but without the problems of runaway connection levels.

From my point of biew the _best_ thing about DBBalancer is that in it's
simplest installation you don't have to make any changes to your
application other than in the connect statement. It will also work fine
with Perl, DBI, or even psql because of the way it does it's pooling -
it makes no attempt to parse the query.  This makes it easy for me to
retrofit existing applications with it.

Regards,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: