Re: WWW-Authentication and Postgresql

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: WWW-Authentication and Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 12:24, Stephan Borg wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm hoping that someone has tried this already. I am currently trying to
> write code, that prompts the user with a www-authentication logon and
> proceeds to verify if the credentials are a valid Postgresql user (incl
> password) before proceeding.

We have code to do this in the office somewhere.  It isn't hard.  Follow
the PHP examples and try a connect to the database with the credentials
you have got from the auth.

I don't actually do this for any of my sites, however.  I find that
database user != system user in 99.9% of cases.  In addition I find that
the www-authentication method makes for a crude login process.

E-mail me off-list if you can't figure it out and I will dig out the
code for you.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: WWW-Authentication and Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: WWW-Authentication and Postgresql