Re: ERROR: tuple concurrently updated

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: tuple concurrently updated
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au> writes:
> I got this error the other day, I was under the impression that vacuum could get a concurrently updated tuple.  I
couldbe wrong.  It is possible for somebody to quickly explain this situation?  Message follows;

> vacuumdb: vacuuming of table "school.person" in database "sqlfilter" failed: ERROR:  tuple concurrently updated

Was this a VACUUM ANALYZE, and if so might there have been another
ANALYZE running concurrently on that table?  If so, this is just a
reflection of concurrent attempts to update the same pg_statistic
row.  It's harmless since the ANALYZE that didn't fail presumably
stored pretty nearly the same results.  There is some interlocking
to prevent the error in CVS HEAD, though.

От: Russell Smith
Сообщение: ERROR: tuple concurrently updated
От: Ben
Сообщение: Re: opening a channel between two postgreSQL-servers?