Re: Better, consistent instrumentation for postgreSQL using a similar API as Oracle

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Better, consistent instrumentation for postgreSQL using a similar API as Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2021-10-11 at 00:09 +0200, Franck Pachot wrote:
> And people will dislike it because it mentions Oracle.

I don't think so.
While "Oracle has it" is not a good enough reason for a feature, it
is certainly no counter-indication.

> Or people will dislike it because they think this should be reserved to commercial forks.

That is conceivable, but I think most vendors would prefer to have
that in standard PostgreSQL rather than having to maintain it on
their own.

> Or because it may introduce too much dependency on the OS.

That is possible.  But I think gettimeofday(2) is portable enough.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe