Re: UUID v7

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: UUID v7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16.03.24 18:43, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:
>> On 15 Mar 2024, at 14:47, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 to the idea. I doubt that anyone will miss it.
>
> PFA v22.
>
> Changes:
> 1. Squashed all editorialisation by Jelte
> 2. Fixed my erroneous comments on using Method 2 (we are using method 1 instead)
> 3. Remove all traces of uuid_extract_variant()

I have committed a subset of this for now, namely the additions of
uuid_extract_timestamp() and uuid_extract_version().  These seemed
mature and agreed upon.  You can rebase the rest of your patch on top of
that.

I have started a separate discussion to learn about the precision we can
expect from gettimeofday().