Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Neil Tiffin
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Jan 12, 2016, at 7:50 AM, Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>> All because somebody just *had* to personally insult someone else,
>> repeatedly, and nobody thought that was a bad thing, and when the
>> recipient finally objected, the objection was chalked up to him or her
>> valuing his/her victimhood.
>
> +1
>
> I was thinking along the same lines when I saw JD's original list
> containing that "victimhood" line. I think that one line pretty much
> eviscerates the entire purpose of having the CoC.

I don’t remember the “victimhood” line, but it is important to make sure people understand that the problem manifests
itselfboth by being to sensitive by the complainer and not being sensitive enough by the group. I do believe that in
anydocument it needs to be stated that everyone is expected to be tolerant of others.  A free society cannot exist
withoutsome level of tolerance.

Neil