Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

От Amit V Shah
Тема Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Дата
Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca>)
Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC <lists@boutiquenumerique.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I ran a very prelimnary test, and found following results. I feel they are
wierd and I dont know what I am doing wrong !!!

I made a schema with 5 tables. I have a master data table with foreign keys
pointing to other 4 tables. Master data table has around 4 million records.
When I run a select joining it with the baby tables,

postgres -> returns results in 2.8 seconds
mysql -> takes around 16 seconds !!!! (This is with myisam ... with innodb
it takes 220 seconds)

I am all for postgres at this point, however just want to know why I am
getting opposite results !!! Both DBs are on the same machine

Thanks,
Amit