Re: pg_recvlogical --endpos

От Okano, Naoki
Тема Re: pg_recvlogical --endpos
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, November 21, 2016 1:08 PM Craig Ringer wrote:
> I've updated the patch for this. It's already posted on the logical
> decoding timeline following thread, so I'll avoid repeating it here.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMsr%2BYGd5dv3zPNch6BU4UXX49NJDC9m3-Y%3DV5q%3DTNcE9QgSaQ%40mail.gmail.com
I checked the latest patch.
I think that the error message shown below is a typo.

> +    if (endpos != InvalidXLogRecPtr && !do_start_slot)
> +    {
> +        fprintf(stderr,
> +                _("%s: cannot use --create-slot or --drop-slot together with --endpos\n"),
The condition '!do_start_slot' is not reflected in the error message.
The patch should allow --endpos to work with --create-slot.

Also, the document explains as follows.
> +        specified LSN.  If specified when not in <option>--start</option>
> +        mode, an error is raised.
So, it is better to output an error message that matches the document when changing the error message.

Regards,
Okano Naoki
Fujitsu

От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: Re: Use procsignal_sigusr1_handler and RecoveryConflictInterrupt() from walsender?
От: "Ideriha, Takeshi"
Сообщение: Re: Forbid use of LF and CR characters in database and role names