Re: Broken SSL tests in master

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: Broken SSL tests in master
Дата
Re: Broken SSL tests in master  (Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Andreas Karlsson
> On 11/24/2016 10:38 PM, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> > To me it feels like the proper fix would be to make PQHost() return
> > the value of the host parameter rather than the hostaddr (maybe add a
> > new field in the pg_conn_host struct). But would be a behaviour change
> > which might break someones application. Thoughts?
>
> I have attached a proof of concept patch for this. Remaining work is
> investigating all the callers of PQhost() and see if any of them are
> negatively affected by this patch and cleaning up the code some.

I agree that pg_conn_host should have hostaddr in addition to host, and PQhost() return host when host is specified
with/withouthostaddr specified.

However, I wonder whether the hostaddr parameter should also accept multiple IP addresses.  Currently, it accepts only
oneaddress as follows.  I asked Robert and Mithun about this, but I forgot about that.

static bool
connectOptions2(PGconn *conn)
{   /*    * Allocate memory for details about each host to which we might possibly    * try to connect.  If pghostaddr
isset, we're only going to try to    * connect to that one particular address.  If it's not, we'll use pghost,    *
whichmay contain multiple, comma-separated names.    */

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa