Re: Question and suggestion about application binary compatibility policy

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: Question and suggestion about application binary compatibility policy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:bruce@momjian.us]
> We have this text in src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES:
> This is saying running against a mismatched minor version should be fine
> for a binary.

Thanks for a good rationale.

> I know this thread is old but it bounced around a lot of ideas.  I think
> there are some open questions:
>
> *  Will a new application link against an older minor-version libpq?
> *  Will an old application link against a newer minor-version libpq?

The former does not always hold true, if the application uses a new libpq function which is not in an old
miner-version. But I think the backward-compatibility is enough.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa