Re: psql's FETCH_COUNT (cursor) is not being respected for CTEs

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: psql's FETCH_COUNT (cursor) is not being respected for CTEs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Tom Lane wrote:

> This gives me several "-Wincompatible-pointer-types" warnings
> [...]
> I think what you probably ought to do to avoid all that is to change
> the arguments of PrintQueryResult and nearby routines to be "const
> PGresult *result" not just "PGresult *result".

The const-ness issue that I ignored in the previous patch is that
while C is fine with passing T* to a function expecting const T*, it's
not okay with passing T** to a function expecting const T**,
or more generally converting T** to const T**.

When callers need to pass arrays of PGresult* instead of const
PGresult*, I've opted to remove the const qualifiers for the functions
that are concerned by this change.

PFA an updated patch.

Best regards,
--