Re: move collation import to backend

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: move collation import to backend
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] move collation import to backend  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/29/16 2:53 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

>>> Note that this isn't true anymore...
>>
>> I think this is still correct, because the collation import does not
>> produce any any-encoding entries (collencoding = -1).
>
> Well, the comment "don't support adding any-encoding entries after
> initdb." is now wrong.

I think there is a misunderstanding.  The comment says that we don't
support adding encodings that have collencoding = -1 after initdb.  That
is still true.  Note that the original comment as two "any"'s.  With
this patch, we would now support adding collations with collencoding <>
-1 after initdb.

>>> Uh?
>>
>> Required to avoid compiler warning about missing prototype.
>
> It seems not to be project style to have prototypes in the middle of the
> file...

OK, will fix.