Re: a wrong index choose when statistics is out of date

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: a wrong index choose when statistics is out of date
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/3/2024 12:33, David Rowley wrote:
> [1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvo2sMPF9m%3Di%2BYPPUssfTV1GB%3DZ8nMVa%2B9Uq4RZJ8sULeQ%40mail.gmail.com
Thanks for the link!
Could we use the trick with the get_actual_variable_range() to find some
reason and extrapolate histogram data out of the boundaries when an
index shows us that we have min/max outside known statistics?
Because it would be used for the values out of the histogram, it should
only add an overhead with a reason.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov