Re: Connection Idle in transaction

От David Wall
Тема Re: Connection Idle in transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> In my application, connections come from a connection pool that I
> control, so I set autocommit to true when adding or returning
> connections to the pool, and set it to false when retrieving connections
> from the pool.  The connections that are sitting idle in the pool aren't
> actually "idle in transaction".

While this may work, it seems rather expensive since I believe turning on
and off the autocommit feature actually sends a message from the JDBC driver
to the backend server.  It's probably not a big deal, but it seems like two
more roundtrips to the DB each time a connection is used is a bit much.

David