Selecting from two tables

От Michael Hanna
Тема Selecting from two tables
Дата
Список pgsql-php
  I have a table called Jobs and another called Applications. I can
query all Job rows, but how do I also include the number of Application
rows for each Job row in the SELECT statement?

applications has a jobid foreign key

create table job (      jobid SERIAL,
                         login varchar(40),
                         jobtitle varchar(70),
                         jobdescrip TEXT,
                         jobkeywords TEXT,
                         valid int2 NOT NULL,
                         postdate TIMESTAMPTZ,
                         PRIMARY KEY (jobid),
                         FOREIGN KEY(login) REFERENCES company
                             ON DELETE CASCADE
                         );

CREATE TABLE application        (   applid SERIAL,
                                     jobid INTEGER,
                                     login varchar(6),
                                     apldate TIMESTAMPTZ,
                                     PRIMARY KEY (applid),