Re: Update

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Update
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey@fmonkey.net]
Sent: 07 October 2003 13:37
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-hackers
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Update

Dave Page wrote:
It would be cool if there were a generic mechanism we could use to write
the version number into scripts 'n' stuff at configure time. The would
certainly make my life easier with various build scripts.

By "write them into scripts" what do you mean?  Can you provide an example of what you would like to see?

Say I have some code in a script that looks like:

mv pgadmin3.tgz pgadmin3-${VERSION}.tgz

When configure runs, it then changes that to:

mv pgadmin3.tgz pgadmin3-1.1.0.tgz

Rather than change it of course, it could take script.in and create script.

Regards, Dave.