Problems starting PostgreSQL on Suse 8.2

От James Nichols
Тема Problems starting PostgreSQL on Suse 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I am having difficulting getting PostgreSQL up and running on my Suse 8.2 server.

I get the message:
Starting PostgreSQLpg_ctl: postmaster does not start

When I type in pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/data start as user postgres it tells me it was successful, but then I am unable to find a postmaster pid in the ps -A listing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled PostgreSQL using Yast to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be useful.

Thanks

James