syslog problem (was: retrieving configuration of an existing database)

От Chantal Ackermann
Тема syslog problem (was: retrieving configuration of an existing database)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
hello again,

well, sorry. I found pg_config... ;-)

I checked my configuration and I have configured postgres to work with syslog
(--enable-syslog).

The entries in postgresql.conf are set to:
syslog = 2 # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

on startup with the call:
>> pg_ctl start -D data/ -o -i
I get the error:
"FATAL 1:  'syslog' is not a valid option name"

I have to admit, I have never worked with syslog before.

Thanks for any hints/pointers to documentation
Chantal