Re: Migration: Informix to PostgreSQL Case Study

От Michael Paesold
Тема Re: Migration: Informix to PostgreSQL Case Study
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jutta Horstmann wrote:

> I would very much appreciate some comments (most of all: did I get all
> the facts on PostgreSQL right) and I will be happy to answer questions.

Just one note: You say that postgres has no multi-processor support. I think
this is rather missleading and not true for most situations.
While it's correct that postgres cannot make use for more than one processor
for a single query/connection, for multiple connections it will happily run
on as much cpus you give it. At least for typical OLTP use, postgres has
multi-processor support.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold

Сообщение: Re: Migration: Informix to PostgreSQL Case Study
Сообщение: Re: Migration: Informix to PostgreSQL Case Study