Re: simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT

От SZŰCS Gábor
Тема Re: simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Tom,

You did it again! The all-amazing-Tom-Lane-clearsight ;)

I could reproduce this. I can imagine this practically as:
(session 1) someone shutting down one of our Windows clients, while
(session 2) another one did the INSERT at the very same moment.

This thing caused session 2 to abort. The only thing I still don't
understand is the "not in in-progress state" thing. After all, it's the very
end of quite a long transaction.

Thanks again. I'll lobby to upgrade our production server to 7.4 :)

Yours,
G.
\end