Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE NOWAIT

От Paulo Scardine
Тема Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE NOWAIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(Excuse my english, my native language is portuguese)

> I think I'm a quite attentive to the SQL and HACKERS list, and I see
> requests for a NOWAIT option at least once a month, and it's growing.
> Regards, Christoph

Yes. I have done a little google about "pgsql select for update nowait" and
find lot of people looking for this feature.

If there is a lock and NOWAIT is specified, then raise error instead of
waiting for the lock to release. We have some long distance connections that
get very busy sometimes and is hard to distinguish between network problems
and locked rows.

Do you see it as something hard to implement? Any advice?
Is it just to add an "opt_nowait" to the "FOR UPDATE" clause in the parser
and checking for this option when trying to get the lock later?

TIA,
--
Paulo Scardine