Re: Using Postgresql as application server

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Using Postgresql as application server
Дата
Re: Using Postgresql as application server  (Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net>)
Список pgsql-general

>>I believe that it is ideal for Postgres to be computationally complete in that one *could* use it to implement a
completeapplication.  That isn't to say one should do this as a matter of course, good to use appropriate tools for a
>>job,but that it should at least be possible if one wanted to. -- Darren Duncan

So who wants to fund the effort to create the necessary infrastructure to display a programmer-defined user interface
screen(think of the "Forms" module in Microsoft Access)?  Or are you expecting the end-user to open up PgAdmin and type
"SELECThello_world();".  I would argue that because PostgreSQL is able to talk with many languages that can create
these"Forms" (or even - through extensions - a web-browser) that such functionality is NOT DESIREABLE and thus
PostgreSQLwould not ideally be "computationally complete" by that definition.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Using Postgresql as application server
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgresql as application server