It takes a long time for pgAdmin to retrieve database schema details

От 顾小波
Тема It takes a long time for pgAdmin to retrieve database schema details
Дата
Re: It takes a long time for pgAdmin to retrieve database schema details  ("Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS.LITTLE@orbitz.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
lang="EN-US">Hi,</span><pclass="MsoNormal" style="margin-left:18.0pt"><span lang="EN-US"> </span><p class="MsoNormal"
style="margin-left:18.0pt"><spanlang="EN-US">we use gpAdminIII 1.10.3 with Greeenplum database 3.3.5.0 on Solaris X64
10u7,one of our databases has 36 schemas, one of which has 716 tables, and the whole database size is about 4~5T. When
usersopen pgAdminIII and click the database node under the Databases node it takes a long time for pgAdminIII to
“restoringprevious environment….”, when users click one of the schemas, it also takes a long time for pgAdminIII to
“retrievingSchema details…”, and the whole Interface is haling, I think this is due to this operation is single
threaded.Another suggestion is can you improve gpAdmin to retrieve as little detail information as possible, just to
retrieveit when user really need it, especially for high cost operations such as select count(*) from table.</span><p