cannot connect to db from remote machine

От Rein Reezigt
Тема cannot connect to db from remote machine
Дата
Re: cannot connect to db from remote machine
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello all,

I have a problem connecting to the postgres database from a remote machine. I wonder if I have missed something. The java client which uses jdbc times out when connecting to the remote db. The database is running on a redhat 9 linux machine and I connect from eclipse on a windows machine.
I changed a line in postgresql.conf to:

  tcpip_socket = true
and in pg_hba.conf I added a line

  host    all         all         192.168.1.102     255.255.255.0     trust
where 192.168.1.102 is my windows machine. The linux machine is ...103.
I restarted the postmaster, but I cannot connect. Any ideas?

Regards,

Rein