Installing postgresql on Windows question

От Wei Wang
Тема Installing postgresql on Windows question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
hi,

I followed the instruction on
http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html

a.. Download the nightly snapshot tarball from
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev or checkout via CVS (you will need bison,
flex, and perl installed to build from CVS)

a.. Run configure
a.. Run make (at the time of writing, the entire source base should compile
and link successfully)

Now I did "configure --without-zlib --enable-debug --enable-cassert" and
then "make".
psql  will run under CMD.EXE.  psql does not work using the Msys console
application because of buffering problems.

Now I'm confused it didn't say anything about "make install". Does that mean
it is not needed in Windows installation?
But I cannot find where the database is. Can anyone give me some direction?

Wei