And Furthermore. Was: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

От David Lloyd-Jones
Тема And Furthermore. Was: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Lamar Owen" <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> wrote:

> [I'm going to reply to this one ....]

In wondering, in my newbie way, why Postgresql wouldn't be outputting to
"the Net," i.e. to my own machine but in TCP/IP, I read over Owen's start-up
script  "/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start" to see that all the stuff
mentioned in it in fact exists. It seems to.

What is more puzzling is that the script even checks for whether or not
"$(NETWORKING)= "no" && exit 0" which sounds like it ought to be doing the
right thing. Yet PGAccess won't start, except with Oliver's cunning
workaround -- suggesting that postmaster is not running in Net mode.

How can this be? Isn't this a contradiction of some sort?
                                                    -dlj.