problem connecting with libpq++ interface

От Deniz Hastorun
Тема problem connecting with libpq++ interface
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi everybody,

I have a really strange problem . I'm trying to connect to PostgreSQL db
from witin my C++  program and using the libpq++ interface functions . But
strangely it won't connect and I'm receiving the following error message

connection to db failed.Error returned:ERROR: PQconnectdb() - Missing '=' after 'template1' in
conninfo

.here's my code
PGconn *conn1;
const char * dbname="template1";
PgDatabase data(dbname);conn1=PQconnectdb(dbname);if (data.ConnectionBad()){    cerr<<" connection to db failed."<<
endl       <<" Error returned:" <<  data.ErrorMessage() << endl;    exit(1);}

any idea would be appreciated. thanks in advance!
deniz