Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

От David Lloyd-Jones
Тема Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Lamar Owen" <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> wrote:

> [I'm going to reply to this one ....]
>
> David, if you're running 6.5.3 that came with RH 6.2, there should
> already be a '-i' on the postmaster startup line in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql.  If, however, you're running 7.0.2, the
> whole startup has changed.  Look in
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.opts.default (IIRC) for a '-i' -- the
> 7.0.2 RPM's start postmaster through pgctl.

Lamar,

Many thanks. Yep, the -i is there as you say, and yes, 7.0.2 is what I'm
running.

So the quewstion becomes, How do I go looking for other causes?

And incidentally, how do I get rid of Apache to avoid the interfrence
problem on port 80 that you mention?

In case Lamar doesn't get this for a day or so, replies off-line from the
other people on the list will be welcome.
                                       Cheers,
                                                -dlj.