RE: [HACKERS] TODO item

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo is afraid of the delay of WAL
OTOH,it's not so easy to solve this item in current spec.
Probably he wants a quick and simple solution.

His solution is only for limited OS but is very simple.
Moreover it would make FlushBufferPool() more reliable(
I don't understand why FlushBufferPool() is allowed to not
call fsync() per page.).

The implementation would be in time for 7.0.
Is a temporary option unitl WAL bad ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp