Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Regina Obe
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I was at the 2015 Australian Linux Conference (held in Auckland, NZ), when
Sarah Sharp harangued Linus Torvalds for over 20 minutes. Linus remained
calm and polite throughout, yet most people would have been obviously
annoyed within the first 5 minutes.  As backround see:

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2988850/opensource-subnet/linux-kernel-d
ev-sarah-sharp-quits-citing-brutal-communications-style.html

> I think some people, unintentionally, set themselves up as a victim.

> So I would agree that a Coc is likely only to lead to arguments. Take
something innocuous like 'do not offend people' - sounds good, now politely
explain why someone's deeply held beliefs contradict reality!

> Cheers,
> Gavin

Sarah is my most favorite person in the world.  I made critical comments on
her blog once when she went crazy on Linus which she deleted. I must be a
troll. I see now she's into doing stats on the people she deleted comments
of.

http://sarah.thesharps.us/2016/01/07/metrics-of-haters/

Maybe we should suggest she should use PostgreSQL for that and demonstrate
our fancy stat functions.

She won Red Hat Woman of the Year Award -
https://www.redhat.com/en/about/women-in-open-source

Sarah Sharp
2015 Community Award winner

Am I the only one concerned about some of the women role models we have in
FOSS?

Thanks,
Regina

От: Gavin Flower
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?