Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/16/24 16:57, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 1:31 PM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> Maybe we should just make it a policy that *nothing* gets moved forward
>> from commitfest-to-commitfest and therefore the author needs to care
>> enough to register for the next one?
>
> I think that's going to severely disadvantage anyone who doesn't do
> this as their day job. Maybe I'm bristling a bit too much at the
> wording, but not having time to shepherd a patch is not the same as
> not caring.

Maybe the word "care" was a poor choice, but forcing authors to think
about and decide if they have the "time to shepherd a patch" for the
*next CF* is exactly the point. If they don't, why clutter the CF with it.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team